If you want visit Los Angeles on a budget, consider booking your own accommodations online where you can find cheap apartments in a variety neighborhoods. A number of entertainment options in the City of Angels are free, giving you the opportunity to explore the city to the fullest.
Some of the top free visitor attractions that Los Angeles has to offer include:
- A great place for the kids is the California Science Center, which is known for being very “hands-on”. It has an IMAX 3D theatre, excellent exhibitions and houses the Space Shuttle Endeavour.
- The Getty Center is a must see for all lovers of visual art.
- Why not take a drive along the Pacific Coast Highway and get a real feel for the Los Angeles lifestyle?
- If you feel like spotting a movie star or two, why not check out Rodeo Drive? For the more literal star gazers there’s the Griffith Observatory, where you can find out about the stars and planets in the night skies;
- Check out the art neighborhoods in this busy city or stroll along Sunset Strip to absorb the sights and culture of Hollywood;
- It goes without saying that you can shop ’til you drop in a variety of different LA neighborhoods, and you are sure to appreciate the vibrant cultural scene in and around the city;
- If you enjoy hiking, running, or biking, check out the Runyon Canyon trails. You will find three entrances to this park, two on the south side and one on the northern end of the canyon. A variety of trails around the park provide opportunities to see the local landscape. Strategic observation points allow you to see for miles from some areas of the park. Some areas of the park allow off-leash dogs, so your hound can enjoy the exercise, too.
You will find luxury rentals, short term rentals, or cheap apartments offered in a number of Los Angeles neighborhoods, so why not head down to explore the wild chaparral to the utmost?