Prague is a fascinating city that is steeped in history and culture. It’s a wonderful place to visit when vacationing in Europe and you will find all the recreational amenities and infrastructure that you need for a fantastic holiday. If you are thinking about traveling to Prague then here is a list of must-see attractions to add to your itinerary:
- Prague Castle: built in the 9th century it dominates the city skyline and is the number one attraction for visitors along with St. Vitus Cathedral. If you need to cross the Vltava River to get there then be sure to take a walk over Charles Bridge.
- The Old Town: no visit to Prague is complete without a stroll around this historic quarter. Here you can admire a range of historic buildings including the Klementinum, the fortified Old Town Bridge Tower and the Powder Gate. There are also many alleys where you can enjoy a bit of retail therapy while you are in the neighborhood.
- The astronomical clock: drawing in massive crowds, this intricate and beautifully decorated clock was installed in 1410 and is one of the most popular attractions in the Old Town square. If you are traveling with children then make sure you catch the hourly show.
- Wenceslas Square: an historic square where you can find shops, tour operators and the National Museum.
- Petřín Hill: located in the center of the city, this charming park area rises up 130 meters above the river. Take a tram for a quick ride to the top and once there you can climb another 63.5 meters up the lookout tower, which resembles a mini Eiffel Tower. Up there you will be treated to a glorious view of the city.
If you are planning a vacation in Prague then look online for best places to stay. You will discover a variety of apartment options ranging from cheap sleeps to luxury rentals, situated in a number of popular neighborhoods in this lovely city. Transport links in and around town are up-to-the-minute, and you are sure to be fascinated when you take a look at this European capital city.